One of the simplest practical applications for creating a shortcut is the creation of system shortcuts. These are usually functional shortcuts for starting a service or program. Now let's take an example of how to create shortcuts to manage the system: shutdown, reboot, lock, sleep and logout, that is, a set of the most common tasks used by the user when working at the computer.
The content of the article:
How to create a shortcut?
First, a general introduction to how to create a shortcut:
- We get to the desktop and in the free space we press the right mouse button
- From the context menu, select the item "Create", and in it the sub-item "Label".
- After you have a window to create, as in the figure below. In the line "Location of the object" we enter the address of the desired application, program or Internet site.
In our case, let's try the website address:
- After that click "next". The next step is to assign the name of the label, type it in the line and to continue “Done”.
- After you have a created shortcut, which will be among the desktop icons. Such a shortcut is launched in the same way as other programs on your computer - by double clicking or pressing the Enter key.
Once you understand the principle of creating shortcuts on your desktop, it remains to put knowledge into practice. Below are five possible shortcuts to control the operating system:
1. Create a shutdown shortcut
- Object Location: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ shutdown.exe -s -t 00
- Label Name: Shut Down
2. Creating a system lock shortcut
- Object Location: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ rundll32.exe User32.dll, LockWorkStation
- Label Name: Lock
3. Creating a logout shortcut
- Object location: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ shutdown.exe / l
- Label Name: Logout
4. Creating a reboot shortcut
- Object location: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ shutdown.exe -r -t 00
- Label Name: Reboot
5. Create Shortcut Sleep Mode
- Object Location: C: \ Windows \ System32 \ rundll32.exe powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState Sleep
- Label Name: Sleep
In the future, the label can be applied quick call , which we managed to talk about in the last article. I think you will not have any problems with the appointment of a shortcut key for the created shortcut, after reading the article.
Instead of epilogue
If due to some circumstances you did not manage to create a label yourself, then you can download archive With ready-made labels in the amount of five pieces.
Also in the future, if you want to refine the created shortcuts, you can apply for each individual image that will be displayed with the icon. For this, there is a button “Change icon” in the properties of the shortcut, which you can see in the figure above.
share with friends:How to create a shortcut?